Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fresh Green Bean Salad with Smoked Cheese, Dill and Garlic


I have problems digesting green beans. I've always had. However, I strongly believe in the benefits of eating green beans. I also believe that one should eat what's in season and for this reason I make an extra effort to add seasonal fruits and vegetables to our daily intake. Accordingly, for summer-time dinners, I go for the food combinations which use healthy ingredients with comparatively fattier ones such as salad with fresh green beans and smoked cheese. I do not know exactly how many calories this kind of salads have, but the fact that I know it has cheese inside makes me well-satisfied while eating some seasonal vegetables. By the way, the addition of fresh dill and ground garlic made the salad flavoured enough to enjoy it more during a warm summer evening. 

Ingredients
500 grams fresh green beans
water and salt for cooking
extra water and ice 
ground garlic
olive oil
dill, chopped finely
1 tablespoon lemon juice
smoked cheese

Directions
1. Trim the bean ends and cut them into bite-size pieces.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
3. Add the beans and some salt.
4. Cook the beans until just tender. 
5. When done, drain water from the beans and immediately plunge them into a bath of ice and water to stop cooking.
6. Slice the cheese in any shape you like. Put it aside.
7. To make the dressing, put the ground garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and chopped dill into a small bowl. Mix wıth a fork until all get blended. 
6. Drain the green beans and add them to the cheese in a large serving bowl.
7. Gently fold in the dressing. 
8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
6. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment