Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cinnamon Tea cakes



It is re
ally rare that I
 stick to a recipe to the letter. Every time I cook, I either add some ingredients to or remove some from the original recipe. Although I agree with those who claim that every ingredient in a recipe has a purpose, I can’t help creating my own recipes. I think this is just because there are some people who need cookbooks and recipes, and there are others who can really cook. You can count me in the latter, I guess. I wouldn't bake and simply leave out flour, though. That goes without saying.

Anyway, here is one of those rare recipes I always stick to. I happened to find it on the U.S. Cake Supply website. Perhaps I've always felt a bit intimated when it comes to baking cookies and that's why I did whatever this recipe directed me to do. Whatever the reason is, the cookies were awesome and I couldn't wait to take some photographs. 


Here goes the recipe: 
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon , divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar , divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Makes: About 3 dozen cookies


Instructions

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In small bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In large bowl, beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture; mix only until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, placing 2 inches apart.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to cooling grid; cool 5 minutes. Combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar with remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll warm cookies in sugar mixture; cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I did it agai: I decorated them in a different style :D

    ReplyDelete