Saturday, April 28, 2012

Simple Spinach Dish

A few days ago I read about health benefits of spinach which I will share with you soon and then headed for the nearest supermarket. Fortunately I was able to find some fresh spinach at the first one. I then looked on the other shelves to find a few of its close friends. There they were:tomatoes, onions, and garlic. With the addition of stir-fried minced beef with garlic, they were ready to go to the oven. The picture below shows the happy combination before they were oven baked. 
This time, I won't be able to give you the exact amount of the ingredients because I didn't pay attention to how much I used of which ingredient. Still, you can follow these easy steps to make this super healthy dish with the lowest calories possible. Use any oven-proof pan or casserole and lightly grease it with olive oil first. Then pile the vegetables in any order you wish. I started with the spinach leaves and then tomatoes followed by the onions and then minced beef and then repeated layering until all the ingredients have been used up. 


After they get baked in the pre-heated oven for about half an hour, the time depends on how much baked you want them to be, take the pan from the oven and grate some cheese and sprinkle with little more of olive oil. I also broke two eggs to add some more protein. No need to mention the final touch of any spices according to your taste. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the eggs are done.


Before it got dark outside, I managed to shoot these photos. Even the span of colours was exciting enough for me to dig in.  Fresh yogurt really goes well with this easy spinach dish, by the way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment