Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fresh Strawberry Tea with Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves and Honey

 I've been searching on the Internet for some homemade remedies for a sore throat but I wasn't able to find any recipes that I could use with the ingredients on hand. So, once again, I rummaged in the fridge and the cupboards. I found some frozen strawberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves and honey. I filled a big pan with almost 3 liters of water and added 250 gr of strawberries, 1 small cinnamon stick and two cloves.


I boiled them together until the strawberries lost their bright color and became pale (almost white) and then added 2.5 tablespoons of honey letting it boil for another 10 to 15 minutes. When I removed the pan from the stove, it smelled so charming that I imagined myself boiling some love potion with magic spells at Hogwarts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment