Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back-to-school Time




Back-to-school time is upon the students in my hometown Istanbul. From tomorrow on students will be pulling their heavily loaded backpacks home all the way from school and finding ridiculously imaginative lies why their homework is not done. 


The season is on: Parents have already gone crazy about shopping for the cutest and most expensive school supplies for them. There is a keen competition among moms to send their kids off to class in the latest style. What concerns me is their blindness not to see how easy, fun and above all inexpensive it is to create charming projects to get back-to-school. 


Although Princess Milou is only 6 months and 3 weeks old and I do not know even how to start a sewing machine, some basic hand stitches got me through this cute pencil case for her. 




It was once upper part of my favourite summer blouse. Since I had worn it on thousands of occasions and it had almost torn apart, I realized it was time to turn it into something(s) different. 




Whether it is Princess Milou or someone else who will use it, it is definitely a pretty and girly way to keep writing utensils in one place - perhaps with some make up basics.


No comments:

Post a Comment